lightroom 6 doesn't load photos or even show them

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.12

iOS 10.33

OSX 10.9.5

I thought I had imported all photos from my iPhone to Lightroom, but when I was looking through, some were missing- in fact several were missing (photos and videos) They didn't show up greyed out but didn't show up at all- even when show all photos was selected and Don't import suspected duplicates was deselected. I can find no pattern, just some are randomly not showing up. I uploaded through image capture and all were uploaded.

Hoping someone can help!

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't show up greyed out but didn't show up at all- even when show all photos was selected and Don't import suspected duplicates was deselected.

Where are they not showing up? Exactly where in LR or where in your operating system are you not seeing them and you think you should see them. Be very specific. Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't show up when I try to import them. Other photos are there, but not all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are importing photos, and some of the photos on the iPhone show up and are imported and others are not?

The first thing that comes to mind is that the ones that don't show up are the JPGs and the ones that do show up are the associated RAW images. Could that be what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

right, some show up others aren't.

All are JPG files. Google photos backed all of them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines