• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i export an after affects project to a mp4?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through export and save as and i could not change this file type to an mp4, is there anyone that can please help me with this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be actually a splendid idea for you to read the help. You don't export or save, you render your comp vie the render queue or media encoder.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there somewhere when i can find a tutorial on making a background transparent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2017-08-05 21.03.22.png

Which format saves as a mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium​ said you should use Adobe Media Encoder CC to render, as it has more powerful capabilities than the rendering tools in After Effects, see more here What is Media Encoder? | Adobe Media Encoder tutorials and Media Encoder CC tutorials | Learn how to use Media Encoder CC For  .mp4 export , I always use H.264 which is the most compatible for internet purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this helped alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's only one problem with all this -- Mp4's don't support alpha channels, which you need for transparency.  You'll have to use a different media container & codec.  For this I like quicktime movies in JPEG 2000, PNG, Animation or ProRes 4444 codecs.  No Mp4's.  And the file sizes will be a LOT bigger than you're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines