2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2017 4:41 PM by S_Gans

Adobe Photoshop CS6 App Trojan

katelynh77271719

**I paid for my Adobe Creative Suite CS6. I did not illegally download a free/pirated version.**

I do not have much experience with this sort of thing, so bear with me. I've been having some issues with my Macbook Pro, so I used ClamXAV to scan my computer. When I selected and scanned "Applications" from the source list it showed this (image below.) It automatically moved my Adobe Photoshop CS6 app to a quarantine folder, however I have not done anything with the file because I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to delete the app (because I need it and because I paid for it) but I also don't want to leave a trojan/something that is potentially harmful on my computer.

Has anybody experienced this before? Or have any suggestions on what I should do?

Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 2.59.42 PM.png

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop CS6 App Trojan
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is odd. Sometimes there are false positives. A Windows Trojan would not affect a Mac. About the only problem is passing it on to a Windows user.

Contact ClamXAV | Contact us for best advice.

• 2. Re: Adobe Photoshop CS6 App Trojan
            S_Gans Adobe Community Professional

If possible, try running another antivirus check using other software - ClamXAV is good, but I've seen it throw some errors that weren't accurate - in fact, I've had it show errors, then rerun it and it doesn't find the same error. I guess we get what we pay for?

I see it says it's a Trojan from Windows. Windows viruses or trojans usually won't affect a Mac, as they most often use different methods of embedding into your system. That doesn't mean that you might not end up sending it to another PS user, though, as we don't know if it's something that embeds in the file.

If you purchased the original CS6, do you still have the installer and serial number? If so, my recommendation will be to run the Adobe Cleaner tool (the CC version should work on CS6 as well) Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then, restart, run CLAM XAV again, and see if it's gone. Then, reinstall the software.