• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Not Staying To What I Select

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried changing the color of my text but it's not staying on what I select after I click ok. It will change to black or white but if I select any other color it defaults to close to the middle of the color picker. I made a video showing what is happening. I'm trying to select a color in the top right corner but it defaults to the middle after I click ok, https://www.screencast.com/t/YCad6GmTHlEj .  How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

It looks like you are in a CMYK color space and are trying to pick a colour that is out of gamut (i.e. outside the range of available colours in that mode).

If, whilst you have the colour picker open,  you press Shift + Ctrl+ Y (Windows) or go to menu View and tick gamut warning then color picker will grey out those unavailable colors

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are in a CMYK color space and are trying to pick a colour that is out of gamut (i.e. outside the range of available colours in that mode).

If, whilst you have the colour picker open,  you press Shift + Ctrl+ Y (Windows) or go to menu View and tick gamut warning then color picker will grey out those unavailable colors

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. How do I get out of this CMYK color space because I need to use a color in the top right color? I'm not sure how that happened as I've never changed a setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to  menu Image - Mode - RGB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you so much for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

You said you are not sure how you came to use the CMYK color space. It could have been set already if you opened and existing document or if created from new then check the Color Mode in new documents

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines