2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2008 1:09 PM by dagez

Problem publishing .fla file to .swf in Fash

NXTmike
      This just started happening to a flash website I've been working on, and I had no problems previewing and publishing the file until now. In the 'publish settings' dialogue, I have the .swf and .html file extensions checked, but when I click to publish the file, it only generates a .html file and not a .swf file.

This is really odd because to my understanding any .fla file can be published to .swf with no problem. Also, when I try to publish other .fla files, it publishes it to a .swf with no problem. It must be some kind of bug/problem with this one file I've been working on. Any solutions/reasons to why this is happening.

for the record I have Adobe Flash CS3 Professional (9.0) running on Windows XP
        • 1. Re: Problem publishing .fla file to .swf in Fash
          J.Rocker
          That's strange.

Does ctrl + enter preview your fla correctly?

i believe that when you preview your project it makes a swf, too.

Good luck!
          John
          • 2. Re: Problem publishing .fla file to .swf in Fash
            dagez
            Hi..

I have flash game sends final score to jsp file which will save this score into database. It was working with no problem and I can run the game from any location in my laptop but now I can not. When I click the html file to load the flash it works but when comes to VarSend.sendAndLoad(“file.jsp”, “post”); a new windows popped up saying “Navigation to the webpage was canceled” although the path file is correct and in the same folder with the flash file. However, when I start tomcat and type the path using “ http://localhost” it works fine.
            My os is windows vista.
            Why I am facing this problem is it related to any security or browser restriction? Please help me …. What shall I do to return it work as before?!!!

Thanks for any concern