2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2017 10:12 AM by kristyo92574519

ARW not converting to DNG

kristyo92574519

I am currently importing a bridal session to LR, and just realized it isn't converting the images to DNG. I always convert, and I did have it selected to convert.

I am using the latest CC version of LR

My camera is the Sony a7II

I did search the forum for an answer, and didn't see anything, just issues with LR not reading ARW. My LR is reading it, just not converting.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: ARW not converting to DNG
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

The Convert to DNG process takes some considerable time after the import process has finished. If you are importing many photos you may have to wait as you see each photo preview slowly change to DNG in the grid. (Do not try moving photos in the folder panel until there are no processes running above the Navigator panel.)

Check your import options- they may have changed (without you realizing). Open the import dialog to see if the "Copy as DNG" is still set above the import window.

Have you tried converting an ARW file to DNG from the main menu- (Library>Convert Photo to DNG). Does this work?

Can you report your Lr version number from {Menu>Help>System Info}  (The top line of the report)  "Latest Version" does not always mean what it suggests!

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ARW not converting to DNG
            kristyo92574519 Level 1

I never noticed that before I upgraded to CC! You are absolutely right. I checked the images just now, and they are now DNG. I remember them always converting immediately.

Thank you so much!