Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to revert to original imported photo

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.12 Camera Raw 9.12

When I clear history it also removes the import step & I can not revert to my original image. I do not have a 'revert' option listed under File tab either (seems like I use to have this, but I can't remember for sure).

I'd appreciate any help so I can return to editing photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

In the lower right-hand corner of the develop module there is a reset button that will reset the image to the default settings that are applied when the image is imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the lower right-hand corner of the develop module there is a reset button that will reset the image to the default settings that are applied when the image is imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JimHess! That solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find where to start a new thread for my problem so I hope this is okay.  I used to be able to revert to original photo after I'd done some editing and then changed my mind and wanted to go back to the original.  This is in the Windows Live Photo Gallary.  But now (and I don't know how this happened), it will only let me click on the "settings" button which is of no help to me.  It won't let me revert back to my original photo.  I realize I can "start over" and make a copy of the original that I have stored in a file folder, but this was so much simpler.  How do I get the default off of settings and back to "revert to original."  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question needs clarification!

Are you using Lightroom-Classic (Desktop)?

Where is the "Settings" button you are referring to?

What has Windows Live Photo Gallery to do with this question?

Have you tried the 'Correct answer' given in this thread?

Or do you need to [Reset] a photo in Lightroom and then Export a new copy that does not show any editing?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines