2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2008 8:09 AM by Newsgroup_User

Error when opening a Director .exe file

LordAcoustic
      Hello - I'm a research assistant over at UCF and I'm having some issues with director.

We have a simulation created for us a while back. We've been using with no errors for the past couple of years. Recently our lab acquired new computers. When we transferred our simulation over to the new computer we get this error message.

"The instruction at "0x0ebb37fa" referenced memory at "0x0ee60eb8". The memory could not be "read".

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you kindly.
        • 1. Error when opening a Director .exe file
          UdoGre
          Hi Lord Acoustic,

I assume the simulation was developed with an older version of director, and worked under an older system (e.g. Win98 or 2k). Your new computers come with Vista, right?

Go to the developer, tell him to recompile the simulation with a new version of Director for your new os, and it should work. He might have to charge you for changes to the code.

Noone else but the developer can do anything. And only when he still has the source files (x.dir).

You can try to run the software in a virtual machine, that might work.

HTH,

Udo

• 2. Re: Error when opening a Director .exe file
            Level 7
            You can also try to run the program in compatibility mode. Right click
            on the exe and go to Properties- choose the Compatibility tab. Set the
            compatibility mode to different OSes and hopefully one will work better.