• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download photos to lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to download pictures to lightroom. I understand they will be stored on my external hard drive and only referenced in lightroom. I had just downloaded one sd card from a trip o/s and everything went to plan. then I inserted second sd card and attempted to download and this is where the system goes to sleep. Same photo file from sony camera, same catalogue settings etc. I recall when closing the program down after waiting for several minutes I saw another lightroom screen appear with the download activity screen operating as normal. this second screen then closed down automatically. I have not been able to reproduce this.

My first thoughts are lightroom will not download duplicates, so I unchecked this box. I have checked the hard drive for the images but they have not been downloaded. I have checked the lightroom catalogue after removing the sd card from my mac, and the images are not recorded there.  In the import screen, on the right hand destination screen it shows all of the images that I am attempting t download and all images are checked in the main screen.

I hope that there is a simple fix for this. Thanks for any help. Eric.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, which version of Lightroom are you using and which OS??

Are the files showing where you asked Lightroom to import them to in Finder????

Can you post here some screen shots to show what you are seeing at the different stages please??

thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I have time to answer you Geoff. I am using a Mac with latest sierra os 10.12.5 and Lightroom CC 2015.8. Here is the import screen. You can see the ticked images on the right hand panel, these are the ones I want to import. I press the import button but nothing happens. I leave the computer for 10 minutes but no activity is noted. I press the cancel button but again no action. I have to manually shut lightroom down and reopen in library mode. I can see, and access the images from the first sd card, but there is no record of the second images. I hope this helps you. Eric.Screenshot 2017-08-09 20.51.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be there is a problem with the second SD card. Can you copy the photos from the second SD card to one of your hard disks using your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the cards are being recognised as Hard Drives as well as Devices.... is this with both cards??

There is an answer for this, let me ask around as I can't recall instantly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do update to the current version as a first step please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines