Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader DC crashes on Remote Desktop Server 2016

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As soon as I launch the software it crashes.

Faulting application name: AcroRd32.exe, version: 17.9.20058.37826, time stamp: 0x59595c34

Faulting module name: AcroRd32.dll, version: 17.9.20058.37826, time stamp: 0x59595c17

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005e5a0

Faulting process id: 0x1ce0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d30f815fcf02df

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.dll

Report Id: 56ce5d18-27aa-4734-aa3c-5d9d81371c14

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have found that if I add a DWORD key bProtectedMode = 0 at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown then I am able to run the software but only if I run as administrator.

How do I run the software as a non-administrative user?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

After trying for several hours I tried setting the disbled protected mode through group policy and it worked.

Now group policy sets the same reg key, which I confirmed, but it still works with GP and not the reg key.

Either it also sets another key as well (I suppose I could open the adm template in a text editor to find out), or maybe it changes the permission of the key.

Either way it now works and I don't much care.

Adobe should really fix protected mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying for several hours I tried setting the disbled protected mode through group policy and it worked.

Now group policy sets the same reg key, which I confirmed, but it still works with GP and not the reg key.

Either it also sets another key as well (I suppose I could open the adm template in a text editor to find out), or maybe it changes the permission of the key.

Either way it now works and I don't much care.

Adobe should really fix protected mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While you didn't tell us anything in your "answer" i have found something which fixes my issue.

I had exact the same problem, i found a few years ago online a fix.

it worked for me with different versions of Adobe Reader, now i have used it with version:

I add by an policy the following Registery key:

Hive:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Key path: Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Privileged

Value name: bProtectedMode

Value type: REG_DWORD

Value data: 0x0 (0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines