• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not place because the source rectangle is empty.

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2017.1.1 I am trying to place a png. file over top of a jpeg. file and keep getting a pop-up with and error message saysing " Could not place because the source rectangle is empty."

I tried the same with other png. files and it worked.

I tried making a new layer and that did not help either.

The png. file is my watermark, and is fully transparent in some parts and partially transparent in others.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ScottK

WIndows 7 Professional, Version 6.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottK,

Please take a look t this article Could not place because the source rectangle is empty and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akashm,

I went to Preferences and clicked on "Reset Preferences On Quit", but that did not help.

I just tried resetting the colour to RGB from Interlaced but that did not help.

I just noticed that I cannot use this watermark anyhow. It was made for Stockbox Photo software to automatically place it over images, and it worked fine on my web-site. Problem is sort of solved for now.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Lightroom and it inserting the png. file worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is MrDill marked the answer?  That does not provide a fix for the error received in Photoshop nor does it explain why this error is happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for "Place" issues... my resolution was weird... like 30000x30000 inches by 1 pixel for supposed 1920x1080 (72dpi) footage. Changed the resolution to 1920x1080 - 72 dpi... try placing and... Voilà! It works. I guess it's time to make a batch to convert all footage to appropriate resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put my picture in powerpoint and saved the picture again and then imported to photoshop and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines