3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 6:45 PM by gener7

Colormanagement between Photoshop and Bridge ( CC 2017)

Mr.Schorsch

PS-Bridge Compare image.JPGHello

I noticed massive color differences between Bridge and Photoshop. The attached image shows both programs (photoshop above and Bridge below).

The colormanagement was synchronized. Both running with Euro Web and Screen 2.

My colleague is facing the same problem.

The screen is freshly calibrated EIZO screen (not older than a year)

We have an older Illustrator Version (cs5) . Here the colors between Bridge and AI match. Why is Photoshop causing such problems? Is there a hidden button somewhere. We need to be as accurate as possible in our job. Right now we don't know witch program we can trust in terms of color display.

I hope someone could help us.

Regards

Gregor

• 1. Re: Colormanagement between Photoshop and Bridge ( CC 2017)
          Sahil.Chawla Adobe Employee

Hi Gregor,

As there is a color difference Bridge and Photoshop, could you please have a look at this forum thread and let us know if it helps?Color Management Discrepencies Between Bridge, ACR & Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

• 2. Re: Colormanagement between Photoshop and Bridge ( CC 2017)
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To be quite honest, I'd ignore that thread. It chases red herrings for about 50 posts, before fading out into nothing.

First of all, I'd try to right-click the thumbnail and "purge cache for selection". I've noticed that Bridge color management can get stuck, and the file displayed without color management at all. Forcing a preview update clears it, and the colors snap to normal.

If that doesn't do anything, it's a broken monitor profile. More often than not, broken profiles affect applications differently - some handle the profile while others choke on it. Recalibrate, and make sure ColorNavigator is set to make v2 and matrix-based profiles (called "gamma value" in CN). It should not be set to v4 or LUT-based profiles, both of which can sometimes be problematic.

Also worth noting (but not the issue here) is that Bridge previews are sRGB jpegs. On a wide gamut monitor you may see gamut clipping in Bridge vs. Photoshop. On a standard monitor this won't be noticeable.

However, it does explain why, if Bridge color management is stalled, the previews display oversaturated on a wide gamut monitor.

• 3. Re: Colormanagement between Photoshop and Bridge ( CC 2017)
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Would resetting Bridge Preferences fix it?

Hold down Ctrl + Alt while starting Bridge. You should see this dialog: Check the first two.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.42.14 PM.png