• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Resize Problem

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to resize an image in CC 2017, the image always resizes too small. For example, I resized the image below to 100 px, but it's much smaller than 100 px even though it says it's at 100%.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.09.21 AM.png

However, when I save the resized image and open it with Preview or upload it somewhere online, the dimensions are correct, but it comes out pixelated and low quality (it's not as obvious in the screencap) because it's just the small image from before, only stretched out to 100 px.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 1.09.45 AM.png

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thank you! Please let me know if any part was unclear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

There is no issue as such.

I suspect you have a retina screen.

Photoshop at 100% uses 1 screen pixel to show 1 image pixel. That is correct.

Other viewers, and browsers, on retina screens use 4 pixels for 1 image pixel (i.e. they scale to 200%). They do this without telling you , to prevent images looking physically too small.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no issue as such.

I suspect you have a retina screen.

Photoshop at 100% uses 1 screen pixel to show 1 image pixel. That is correct.

Other viewers, and browsers, on retina screens use 4 pixels for 1 image pixel (i.e. they scale to 200%). They do this without telling you , to prevent images looking physically too small.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Dave is 100% right. This is an endless source of confusion for a lot of users.

What is extremely important to understand is that it is the native Mac OS applications that enlarge the on-screen display. Photoshop does nothing, it just displays correctly - which, being a professional-grade image editor, it has to do.

This is a physical display property, not a software property - but the Mac OS apps try to compensate by workarounds, precisely to avoid customer complaints like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines