• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from Capture One

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to migrate from Capture One to Lightroom.  I'd appreciate advice on the best way to retain as much data and as many adjustments from my images in Capture One as possible.  Exporting images from Capture One as TIFFs seems the best option based on my research so far, but if there's a way to migrate RAW or DNG files to Lightroom without losing all adjustments that would be better.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Yes tiff would seem to be the best bet. Lightroom and Capture One use their own proprietary raw conversion engines; so DNGs exported from Capture could be problematic when imported into Lightroom. You could try PSD which should provide a more efficient container and file size. I would suggest doing a couple of test imports into Lightroom before you start moving everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes tiff would seem to be the best bet. Lightroom and Capture One use their own proprietary raw conversion engines; so DNGs exported from Capture could be problematic when imported into Lightroom. You could try PSD which should provide a more efficient container and file size. I would suggest doing a couple of test imports into Lightroom before you start moving everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But is there really no way to retain collection structures? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines