Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links resizing despite being the same image

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

I have to relink images in an Indesign document as this is a new job I have to change our internal prefix job number.

For example 12345 - Client name - file name the only change I make is to the job number the image itself has not been changed or resaved but when I relink the image it usually increases in size.

I have found a work around when the pop-up preview window (please see image) appears I can choose from the CROP TO OPTIONS but this usually takes 3 attempts to find the correct option.

I have never experienced the image size changing when I have had to relink images in the past unless the actual image was size/content has been amended.

The files I have to relink are all PDFs could that be the cause?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 09.22.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi,

If it used to work fine previously, you can try cleaning your cache and preferences...Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you see what happens when you turn off the below preference:

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

When I turn off the "Preserve Image Dimensions When Relinking" It resizes the image so the entire image is visible, my original links are set in the image box so only parts of the image are visible.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If it used to work fine previously, you can try cleaning your cache and preferences...Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aman,

That appears to have worked.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines