• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating MX Records

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to change MX records to point to Google Apps. When I delete the BC email records I get a warning that I will "permanently delete all internal mailboxes..."

Does this mean that my users will no longer be able to log into webmail to see OLD messages still on the BC servers? I was hoping the old mailboxes would still be accessible even though they will no longer be receiving mail.

Thanks for any assistance.

Brent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you planning to move the email to google apps? If you don't need email on google and want to stay on BC you don't need to make this change.

If you want to move you need to recreate the email accounts on google apps with the same address and access your email from Google apps. Then change the MX record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I have recreated the email addresses in Google Apps....so that when the MX records update, there will be inboxes for mail to go to.

Will the users be able to ACCESS their old email accounts via webmail to see old emails they had up until the MX record switch? i.e., will email records be lost in any way?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The users will lose access to their old emails and previously login place. I'm not sure if BC can export the emails I never use the BC mail only g suite myself. If you can use POP to download them all them reimport them into Google Apps, but you need to do this for all users one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines