2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2017 12:40 AM by ED17242969

Lightroom CC 2015 - Ortsfelder leer in Diashow Modul bei Verwendung von Umgekehrten Geocoding

ED17242969

Ich verwende Umgekehrtes Geocoding, um aus den GPS Daten Ortsangaben wie Stadt, Bundesland/Kanton, Land, ISO-Ländercode zu bestimmen. Dies funktioniert auch einwandfrei. Diese Daten werden mir im Bibliothek- bzw. Karten-Modul als hellgrau, d.h. als von Google Maps übernommen, angezeigt.

Möchte ich diese Felder jetzt im Diashow-Modul für Textüberlagerungen verwenden, so werden mir nur leere Felder angezeigt. Hat irgendeiner eine Idee, woran das liegt und wie ich die von Google Maps übernommenen Ortsangaben im Diashow-Modul nutzen kann?

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 - Ortsfelder leer in Diashow Modul bei Verwendung von Umgekehrten Geocoding
          dj_paige Level 9

If you right click on one of the geo-locations (Sublocation, City, State, Country) and then select the valid choice, the text switches from gray to white (indicating you have accepted the geo-location as correct) and then I believe the information is usable in Slideshow.

In my opinion, this is a poor design, which requires a lot of manual interaction, and so I don't use the Lightroom Map Module to apply GPS coordinates and locations to my photos. I use a freeware program called GeoSetter which has a much nicer interface and design than what you see in Lightroom. Once you geo-locate a photo in Geo Setter and then save the metadata to the files (or xmp in the case of RAW), you can read this information into LR via the command Metadata->Read Metadata from Files. If you are going to do this, first turn on the Lightroom option to automatically write metadata to XMP.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom CC 2015 - Ortsfelder leer in Diashow Modul bei Verwendung von Umgekehrten Geocoding
            ED17242969 Level 1

Thank you very much. Very helpful.

When you export pictures, geo-location is carried over to the picture file even if you do not convert Google Maps results into values before. So, I thought it would work the same with the diashow module, but apparently it doesn't. Looks to me like a programming flaw, at least, this is inconsistent design.