Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Wacom won't let me delete Photoshop settings

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop

Wacom (previous model Intuos Pro Large PTH-851)

Photoshop starts using it's own god foresaken wacom preferences and I keep hitting the pointless buttons and dials  and doin shnizzle I don't want.

I delete the photoshop application from wacom preferences

Photoshop sticks it back again

Who thought this up?

Help

I just want to turn off those useless buttons.

My hand is on the keyboard where it belongs, using shortcuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a PTH-581 here. You could try this:

Rather than delete the Photoshop application in Wacom properties, highlight it then go to Tool functions and set each key to Disabled.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps.Thanks a lot, I should have thought of that. I guess I just wait for other apps to force me to repeat the process!  But I already have to indivdually disable everything one at a time. It would be great not to have to do it for every app. I've only just given up on my A3 Intuos 2 as Chrome wouldn't let me use modifier keys anymore.

Am I really stuck with this?

Disable all button Wacom?

I will get on their case. For years they said it was impossible to have a display toggle, then Lo it arrived. That is the only button I use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Wacoms can be "temperamental" in their drivers. I have a working driver here (6.3.17-3) and I deliberately do not update it as it is nice and stable on my system.

I do have to remember though that when a new version of Photoshop comes out it sees it as a separate application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Intuos 2 was fine. I hate this new mushy surface. Intuos one was better. Hard and TOCKY. and the W7 driver was working fine until the last Windows 10 "update"

I didn't realise the drivers were so crap these days, or maybe it is a windows thing, as I have only been using PCs for a few years since Mac stopped even pretending to make professional machines.

I also rarely use Photoshop as it is just the worst way to colour correct in the world compared to using a video app with proper scopes and temperature etc.

We need to get some help with these drivers then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines