• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Workspace missing in Photoshop CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been learning Photoshop CC 2017 over last few months, but suddenly the "Start Workspace" does not appear when I start PS.

I have checked preferences > General and the "Show Start Workspace when no documents are open" is ticked.

I have read related discussions on this topic, and tried resetting preferences and restarting PS, but no luck.

I really need the Start Workspace again., any help appreciated , thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Ahh, problem solved. I had gotten myself logged out of my Creative Cloud app. Just had to open the CC desktop app and sign back in. Now, Start and Recent workspaces are behaving normally.

I remember now, that I was testing on another computer two nights ago, and signed in there - which signed me out of my other computers.

Mischief managed!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Workspace > Restore Default Workspaces  (bottom of dialog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that doesn't solve the issue, still no "Start Workspace" showing on startup

Also tried Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit, but this has no effect as well.

Any other suggestions - why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of ideas. Contact Customer Care (usually by chat) and they may be able to help.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your efforts, ill try customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the Start Workspace listed with all the other workspaces under the workspace icon in the upper right corner? Look for it when no documents are open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange, this just happened to me in the last 24 hours. I notice both the "Start" and "Recent Files" workspace don't show. Yesterday, or maybe two days ago, I specifically used my Start workspace to open a recent file...

I have tried resetting workspaces and also resetting Photoshop Preferences. I've looked in my Photoshop system folder, and the workspaces are there, they just aren't being presented:

2017-10-12_08-58-54.png

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, problem solved. I had gotten myself logged out of my Creative Cloud app. Just had to open the CC desktop app and sign back in. Now, Start and Recent workspaces are behaving normally.

I remember now, that I was testing on another computer two nights ago, and signed in there - which signed me out of my other computers.

Mischief managed!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I was trying to resolve this problem but to no avail until I read your fix.  Now my start screen is back.  Thank you!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+J.+Hoffman  wrote

Mischief managed!

Mike

I'm surprised you were able to start up Photoshop without being asked to sign in, or can you sign in to Photoshop without signing into the CC app?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems and I'm NOT logged out of Creative Cloud.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue and was curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried whether you can conjure up something useful under Window>Workspace?

Its chosen as "start"

you just change it " standart lagecy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried but not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines