• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continue numbering function stops at letter C.

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a numbered (lettered) list of A, B, C, D,... but the list will not continue past letter C. I have created the 2 styles for numbering, one starting the number at letter A and one continuing from previous list. When I use the continue from previous list style it works up until letter C. and continues letter C. for the remainder of the list, for example:

A. TOPIC (start at A. paragraph style applied)

text text text text text text text text text text text text

B. TOPIC (continue numbering paragraph style applied)

C. TOPIC (continue numbering paragraph style applied)

C. TOPIC (continue numbering paragraph style applied)

etc.

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 11.56.14 AM.png

I'm not using styles existing from a previous document, am not using styles based on other styles and have made all styles from scratch so I'm unsure why the numbering isn't working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it out on a new document and it works fine for me, so maybe your document has glitched. Try exporting to IDML and opening that.

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 9.40.32 AM.png

I see you have a lot of styles. Is it possible you are applying a different style to the fourth paragraph at that level? Also, try right-clicking on the paragraph and see if Continue Numbering is in the contextual menu. If it is, the paragraph is not currently using the next number (or letter in this case).

Edit: Check the Level attribute for your styles. The A, B, C paragraphs need to be Level 1, or at least a higher level than the numbered paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you lest us know if TOPIC A, TOPIC B have one style applied and TOPIC C has another style applied?

If yes, maybe the style "TUES ROUND TABLE CONTINUE" has been defined something like this..

If yes, then you need to create Lists in order to continue the numbering from the style of TOPIC (A&B) to style of C...

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normal behavior if A. and 1. are on the same level!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines