3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 7:54 AM by kglad

Flash - PHP - MySQL

tatiana1 Level 1
      Hi all, I'm making an AS2 program that queries a mySQL database through PHP. I have several functions, each querying the database, sometimes simultaneously. After a while, I see the program slow down tremendously, sometimes even hanging. How many queries can I have running at the same time before Flash or Internet Explorer go berserk on me?

Thanks,

Tatiana
        • 1. Re: Flash - PHP - MySQL
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          that's probably server-dependent. why aren't you querying sequentially?
          • 2. Re: Flash - PHP - MySQL
            tatiana1 Level 1
            I have a polling routine that queries sequentially, but there are other procedures that execute queries as the user activates buttons or other objects and those queries overlap the polling queries. Therefore, I could have as many as 10 or 20 simultaneously. Some simply update a record, so I don't wait for them to complete before moving on, while with others I need to wait to know how the query went. Do I need to serialize them all in order to prevent blockage?
            • 3. Re: Flash - PHP - MySQL
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              if you're having a problem, serialize.

you can check with your web host about the number of simultaneous mySQL connections they allow. but if you're just testing and having problems, you can be sure there will be more problems when your site goes live: you may have more than 1 user opening your app at any given time.