• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2016 Migration: "All the IIS sites are already configured"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am migrating some CF 10 servers to 2016. I did a development box first and it all went smoothly of course. But when I tried to do my first production server, the installation failed with the error that the Web Config tool failed.

When I try to run wsconfig manually I get the error:

"All the IIS sites are already configured by some other version of ColdFusion".

CF 10 is still installed on the box, but I stopped the service before starting the new installation.

Has anyone else seen and been able to solve this without totally uninstalling IIS too?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Hi,

if you are installing ColdFusion 2016 on the same box where your ColdFusion 10 is running.  First, remove the connector for CF10 and then add the connector for ColdFusion 2016. There are duplicate entries for ColdFusion 10 and it overwrites the CF2016 entries which will give you this error.

Please remove the connector for both CF2016 and CF10, make sure no left overs are in IIS and then run the CF2016 connector.

Please check this blog. Removing Corrupt Connector Dependencies from IIS | Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you are installing ColdFusion 2016 on the same box where your ColdFusion 10 is running.  First, remove the connector for CF10 and then add the connector for ColdFusion 2016. There are duplicate entries for ColdFusion 10 and it overwrites the CF2016 entries which will give you this error.

Please remove the connector for both CF2016 and CF10, make sure no left overs are in IIS and then run the CF2016 connector.

Please check this blog. Removing Corrupt Connector Dependencies from IIS | Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank,

Thank you for responding. This did help me finish step one of installation correctly.

However, during the migration the import of the existing settings became hung up. No matter what I did to try to get to CF Admin the screen would just show the Importing Existing settings screen and I could not proceed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with different options several times.

Do you have any suggestions for this issue? I have for now put back CF 10 (So much fun adding all the handler mappings back in by hand late at night). So frustrating, I have been using CF for 17 years and nothing ever 'just works'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked the correct solution since it solved the problem in the title of the post. I will make a new post with the new problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

For settings migration, you can manually migrate the settings. There are 2 ways.

If you are running Enterprise edition of ColdFusion 10, you can create a CAR package and deploy in ColdFusion 2016. If not, then go with manual option. Please check the migration guide page 12, "Migration the ColdFusion settings (Manual migration)"

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf2016/cf2016-migration-guid...

Thanks,

Priyank Shrivastava

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation