1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2008 5:03 AM by Newsgroup_User

Editing Contents in a flash FLA for website menu

X_Tokyo_Gurl
      I would super grateful if someone could assist me with this HUGE problem:

I have created an interactive flash menu. The menu works and when the buttons are clicked it directs the flash to the next level which is the contents. This is where my problem comes in:
      As the next page opens it loops through all my subpages continiously and I cant get it to stop.
      I have labelled all the buttons in the first actionscript and then all the subpages and respective images and movies - all with the same labels. ( this was done one suggestion by a fellow collegue)

Does anyone know what to do with this?

Thanks! :)
        • 1. Re: Editing Contents in a flash FLA for website menu
          Level 7
          X_Tokyo_Gurl wrote:
          > I would super grateful if someone could assist me with this HUGE problem:
          >
          > I have created an interactive flash menu. The menu works and when the buttons
          > are clicked it directs the flash to the next level which is the contents. This
          > is where my problem comes in:
          > As the next page opens it loops through all my subpages continiously and I
          > cant get it to stop.
          > I have labelled all the buttons in the first actionscript and then all the
          > subpages and respective images and movies - all with the same labels. ( this
          > was done one suggestion by a fellow collegue)

place stop(); action on the frame where the content starts to prevent it from running.
          And perhaps use gotoAndStop instead of gotAndPlay ?

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>