10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 6:44 AM by twaritar3263062

    YouTube license usage


      Hey, I'm not sure about what type of license should I use...

      I want to use an image under my music on YouTube as a background image. Hopefully it will be more than 500,000 views.


      So, my question is: what type of license should I use for this kind of usage? Standard or extended?

      Maybe standard license is enough because I will use it just in the YouTube video and posted it on the popular social sites and my website.


      I found this in the Adobe Stock Terms:

      "(B) Standard License Specific Restrictions. In addition to the restrictions in section 4 below: (1) you may not cause or allow any Work to be reproduced more than 500,000 times in total. For example, a Work may not appear on more than 500,000 printed materials (flyers, advertisements, covers, packages, etc.). Likewise, the Work may not be incorporated in a television program, video, or other digital production if the audience is expected to be greater than 500,000 viewers, in total. This restriction does not apply to Works that are displayed on a website, Social Media Sites, or mobile applications"


      All the best!