• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enbedded fontts

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my document, I use about 3 fonts, but when I package it for printing it shows 18 fonts are present. This freaks out the next person up the line and I don't how to fix this even though I did not use them. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you talking about an InDesign or Illustrator document? And if so, what do you mean by “it shows 18 fonts are present?” Are you perhaps referring to the instructions.txt file produced during InDesign packaging?

If so, the instructions (and what you see in the packaging screen) includes any fonts embedded in any content you may have placed in the document. For example, if you embed a PDF file into an InDesign document and that PDF file has embedded fonts, those fonts will appear in the list of fonts used by the document although that list will show the embedded status.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines