Belly wobble!

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm back with my zombie pirate again... here he is

Loofer.jpg

What I'm trying to achieve is a good belly wobble. I have the 'belly' as a separate group inside a group called 'body bottom'

Loofer_belly_outline.jpg

I'm trying to get the belly to bob up and down, like water in a bag, but not break away from the bottom corners of the shirt. So far I've been trying different combinations of dangle with pins and staples but I can't seem to get the effect right. Any advice?

Loofer_belly.jpg

Thanks so much

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. Here's a test guy I made where I didn't have any pins, just a dangle at 1% spring stiffness on an independent stapled group with the origin moved to the middle:

https://adobe.ly/2wMdPqA

It works okay, but it's subtle unless you move a lot (or really bump up gravity).

That's my best attempt at least!

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 11.12.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I've been playing a bit more with the puppet you sent over and I'm really close to what I want now.

I've experimented with the origin point - 2/3 up from the bottom seems to work, I've added pins, and by reducing the Y scale I'm getting a good effect.

I'm will attempt to apply this to my character, I think with a bit of tweeking of the artwork - Importing the belly larger and then scaling down in Ch, this should be good. I'll keep you posted!

Take a look

https://adobe.ly/2uv6yii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Yep, looking much better.

90% of the time you can do what you want in CH, it's just a matter of experimenting to see how to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really cool

The puppet downloaded with zero wind settings in the dangle behavior, so I added them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines