Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import a 6 page pdf into a two sided page

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have done some searching of forums and can't find an answer what I'm trying to do is import a 6 page pdf into a two sided page to effectively make a brochure.

Ive tried the "place" and the scripts insert pdf and the amazing other insert multiple pages script but can't seem to get this to happen.

any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi,

If you want to only place the pdf file as an image, you can try placing each page of the pdf file individually on separate Indesign page.

If you want the pdf to come as editable text you can:

1. Either do what Derek said above ( recommended )

2. Or use a plugin(pdf2indd), to convert the pdf and make it editable in InDesign. Open the pdf in acrobat. Click on edit pdf and save the pdf as a copy. Then use this plugin to place the copy pdf into InDesign. This will import the contents of pdf not as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I'd take out the text and assets and recreate it anew in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you want to only place the pdf file as an image, you can try placing each page of the pdf file individually on separate Indesign page.

If you want the pdf to come as editable text you can:

1. Either do what Derek said above ( recommended )

2. Or use a plugin(pdf2indd), to convert the pdf and make it editable in InDesign. Open the pdf in acrobat. Click on edit pdf and save the pdf as a copy. Then use this plugin to place the copy pdf into InDesign. This will import the contents of pdf not as images but as editable text. But i am not soo sure how accurate will the results be.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this program worth it? Its $199 USD. so it will let me convert my whole PDF into a full editable document in indesign that i can do whatever i want with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I imported using the multi page plugin that exists already and moved the images around but they are squashed as I'm turning an A4 into 3 pages across the document. Any way to fix this or do I need to completely redo this document in ID?

hoping not to for this particular one I'm new to ID (obviously!) and will probably just do all future documents directly in it but would love to get this one done.

thanks so much guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry I mean 3 pages a side of the PDF onto a two sided document? So just import the images for the ment and resize or convert to indd no easy way to map it to columns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines