• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.21) Update Crashes

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat XI Pro just updated to 11.0.21 and now every time I open it is crashes. I have tried to use the repair function, but no change. Is there anyway too roll-back?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericg,

As per the issue description mentioned above, after updating to 11.0.21, Acrobat XI is crashing every time you try to launch the application, is that correct?

Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine, launch Acrobat again and see if that helps.

2- If it doesn't, try running Acrobat as an administrator (assuming you have Windows OS installed on the machine)- locate Acrobat's shortcut on the desktop >right-click > Run as administrator

3- If step 2 doesn't work, under Acrobat's shortcut > right-click > Properties > Compatibility tab > check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7 from the drop-down options.  Click Apply > OK > relaunch Acrobat.

Could you let us know if Acrobat crashes when you try to launch application or when opening a pdf in the application?

Which operating system is installed on the machine?

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm running macOS 10.12.6. Reboot didn't work. Acrobat doesn't stay open for more than a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS - MS Windows 10

1- Reboot the machine, launch Acrobat again and see if that helps.

I tried Rebooting - No Change

2- If it doesn't, try running Acrobat as an administrator

II tried as Administrator - No Change

3- If step 2 doesn't work, "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7

I tried compatibility mode- No Change

Could you let us know if Acrobat crashes when you try to launch application or when opening a pdf in the application?

The application opens then approximately 4-5 seconds later crashes. This occurs regardless of whether it is launched as an application directly or opening a pdf file.

I did a complete reinstall earlier today from the original installation files. It worked fine. Then upgraded to current version. It appeared to work fine until it asked whether I wanted to join the "Improvement Program." After that it went right back to crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericg,

Would it be possible if you can share the screenshot of the screen with us when you are getting the pop-up?

You  may refer to the steps given in this link for the same: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with Acrobat XI, version 11.0.22. This happened several times, so I used the software's repair option. When I reopened the file I was working on, text (letters out of words) had disappeared on all pages that I had not edited. I just posted a query a few minutes ago, and found this when entering the 'tags' for my post.

i139^cimgpsh_orig.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindaf,

Could you please try removing Acrobat using Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , rebooting the machine, and install Acrobat XI from here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X 

Restart the machine after installation and launch Acrobat.

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just installed the update 11.0.23

Now every time I click my Stamps Drop Down Window the program Fails and Crashes without any errors messages.

Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines