2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 6:46 AM by brigittek73480482

Acrobat crashes while trying to reduce file size

brigittek73480482

I am trying to reduce the file size of a PDF, so I go to "save as other" then "reduced file size" and the program crashes every time at the stage of "subsetting embedded fonts."  I have tried updating adobe and restarting the computer.  I have also found this in other forums but not seen any answers.  Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Acrobat crashes while trying to reduce file size
          Anurag_Gupta Adobe Employee

Can you please share the following details:

- The application version you are on? Launch Acrobat and go to 'Help->About Adobe Acrobat' and give the version details from the screen.

- Are you on windows or MAC?

- Is this issue specific to some files or are you seeing this with every file you try with?

- Can you share one of such files with us?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Acrobat crashes while trying to reduce file size
            brigittek73480482 Level 1

I am using this version: 2017 Release (Continuos)  Version 2017.012.20093 on a Macbook Pro, this does not happen with all files, just this one that is particularly long and complex and big (50 MB).  I would not want to share it publicly, but could I send it to you privately?  I tried it on another Mac with Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.2.20 and got the error message "PDF document contained images that were not downsampled."  I hope that helps...