9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2018 4:22 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Draw wont send to Illustrator

katiebdesign Level 1

I saw that you recently dealt with an issue like the one I am having right now with Adobe draw and I was hoping you could help me!

So I have Adobe draw on my iPad Pro connected to my CC account. And I have Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Air, connected to the same CC account.

Whenever I  "Send to Illustrator CC" in Adobe Draw on my iPad, it says "Sent!"but then nothing happens on my desktop. What gives?

Help please!!!  Thanks!  Katie

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

• 1. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Katie.

Sorry it's not working A couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* What version of Draw are you using? (Tap Setttings then About Draw.)

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Make sure your desktop software is current. Illustrator CC  just had an update a couple of weeks ago; you should be using v21.1.0 (check this by opening the app and choosing About Illustrator from the Illustrator CC file menu). Also, since it's instrumental in work making it to the desktop, make sure the Creative Cloud Desktop App is v4.2.0.211 (to check that, click on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences).

* Also, once you make sure all of your software is up-to-date, please close everything and restart your Macbook Air.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator
            katiebdesign Level 1

Hi Sue,

I’m using version 4.2 – i just updated it.

Having trouble with all drawings, just tried your suggestion and it did the same thing where it says “Sent!” but doesn’t appear on my desktop.

Illustrator is v21.1.0

CC is v4.2.0.211

I tried restarting once before but I will do it again after sending this email.

Thanks,

Katie

• 3. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator

Katie.

Try these things. In this order:

1. 1. First log in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud. If it's not, leave the app open over wifi until all of the work on your device shows up there.

2. Next, on your desktop, Close Illustrator CC, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App(tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud

3. Before you try to send from Draw, log out of Draw, (tap Settings, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.

4. Once everything's running, try sending from Draw to the desktop again.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

3 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator
                marieb92652782 Level 1

Hi!

Im having the exact same issue.

Ive followed all the steps above, but it still wont work..

Marie

• 5. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator

Hi Marie.

I'm responding right now to your email through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator
                    jessicac51060819 Level 1

This does not work for me either.

• 7. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator

Hi Jessica.

I'm sorry sending to Illustrator isn't working.

I have a few questions and a couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* Which version of Draw are you using?

* Is this something that's just begun happening? Was sending to the desktop app and/or the CC Files folder working previously?

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

* Finally, since it's super common for people to be signed in to the app with one login and the Creative Cloud Desktop App with another, make sure you're signed in to both Draw and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password). The best way to check that is to sign out of both Draw and the CC Desktop App then sign back in. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Draw to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud.)

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

• 8. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator
                        jessicac96028839 Level 1

Thank you so much, Sue! I signed in with different logins! Once I correct the login, it works like a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

• 9. Re: Draw wont send to Illustrator

Jessica.

Great. Just what I hoped.

Thanks for letting me know it's working.

Sue.