• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in Lightroom but not in folders - need to get them into folders

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually keep my photos in folder by year then date. I imported a bunch into Lightroom into 2017 but which were not organised into folders due to me changing an import setting. If I look in the HDD they are all there under 2017 but not in date folders.

They are in there if I search for the image number but do not show up in the Navigator /Files list as they are not in folders.

As I have tweaked many of these I don't want to lose those tweaks but want to get them into folders by date. I can't import them as they are already there

I use LR 5 and they live on an external HD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

In the Library Module, right-click on the 2017 folder and choose "Create folder within 2017" from the context menu. Create the folder named the way you want it..Then (still in Lightroom) you can drag the misplaced photos into the new folder you just created. Be sure to drag by the image and not by the border.

If you select all the photos to be moved first, you have the option when creating the folder to move all selected images into the new folder.2017-08-10 18_42_20-5-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Library Module, right-click on the 2017 folder and choose "Create folder within 2017" from the context menu. Create the folder named the way you want it..Then (still in Lightroom) you can drag the misplaced photos into the new folder you just created. Be sure to drag by the image and not by the border.

If you select all the photos to be moved first, you have the option when creating the folder to move all selected images into the new folder.2017-08-10 18_42_20-5-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines