Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating RH inactivates the executable

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have RH 7.00.145. Each time I update (per automatic prompt), the following happens:

My executable becomes inactive.

My solution is:
I reinstall from disk and I'm back to 7.00.145 and I'm working fine for a few hours. Then, the automatic update catches up with me and prompts me to update. I say sure, why not. The update, when done, demands a restart. I say sure why not. After the restart, the executable is dead.

So:
All files are in their proper place here:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML

RoboHTML.exe however becomes inoperable, and I think it's after a restart.

What do you think is happening? Thanks in advance for any clue!

Vivian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2008 Jun 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure. I'm guessing perhaps your firewall could be getting in the way. You might check RH is a permitted application after you have installed the patch.

You could also try searching on Downloads on Adobe's site and downloading them. Then apply them that way.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
viv1an,

You're not alone in this. I've had a similar issue where RoboHTML (and a number of the utility applications as well) refuses to start after a reboot for some time now. It's been escalated through several levels of tech support and so far there has been no resolution. It runs fine on my notebook though. It's the only application that does this on my main production machine - quite frustrating and has forced me to give up on RH for now. I'm hoping that the next release might address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp