slideshow on a 4K TV. I would like to add music to slideshow and save the

results in a video format. I need suggestions regarding what Adobe

application would be most suitable for this project

Tia, Roy Berger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoyBerger,

You can use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and it will give an easy way to create videos & slideshows.

Tutorial link: Creating Slideshows with Adobe Premiere Pro CC - The Easy Way - YouTube

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are already using Lightroom so I suggest you use it to create your slide show. You can add music and export a video file. You can even add transitions. The only thing you can't do is set custom durations for each slide. It will be way easier for you to figure out Lightroom's slide show feature then Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that may nudge you one way or the other is that the maximum video resolution you can export a slide show from Lightroom is 1080p (2K). A 4K TV was mentioned in the original question, so if 4K video output is required then Lightroom is not ideal.

Your next option would depend on whether you have the full Creative Cloud plan, or just the Photography Plan. If you have the full plan, you should try Premiere Pro since it has complete support for import, editing, and export at 4K and up.

If your Creative Cloud membership is the Photography Plan, you won't have access to Adobe Premiere Pro, but you can use the video timeline in Photoshop to quickly assemble a slide show. The 4K video output options from Photoshop are not as good as in Premiere Pro, so depending on how you will be playing the 4K video on the TV, you might have to use another utility such as Handbrake (free) to compress the 4K video into a better codec after output from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conrad makes an interesting point, and I had not considered the maxiumum output size for Photoshop.  I tried pushing my luck with 8K resolution, but 4K seems to be the limit.  But then again, I did try the same thing with Premiere Pro, and was not more successful.  I believe that 8K is possible with Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines