Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing a photoshop into Indesign for printing

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am working on a poster that I have made in photoshop and now it is getting time to print it. I need to set up margins and bleeds(which I should've done in the beginning) and I'm wondering if there's a way to do it in photoshop? If not, then I was wondering if it is possible to take the psd file and place it into Indesign and still maintain the full resolution for print?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Hi,

I think you can work with Photoshop and print your poster correctly.

When ready to output, use Photoshop's menü :

File> Print command. In the Print dialog box, check the “Corner Crop Marks” box, then click the Bleed button.You can manualy transform the area of the corner crop marks directly in the overview.

4.PNG

Hope this helps,

Best,

Olga

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you can work with Photoshop and print your poster correctly.

When ready to output, use Photoshop's menü :

File> Print command. In the Print dialog box, check the “Corner Crop Marks” box, then click the Bleed button.You can manualy transform the area of the corner crop marks directly in the overview.

4.PNG

Hope this helps,

Best,

Olga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a way to make a bleed in Photoshop. First drag guides to the boundaries of your image. Then increase the canvas size (Image >Canvas size). That's your bleed.

But I think a better way is to place the PSD file in InDesign, as you suggested. If you make the InDesign file the same size as the PSD file, the resolution should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines