5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 2:08 PM by Just Shoot Me Branched to a new discussion.

lost serial to lightroom 5

I know there are discussions on this but they all say to login to adobe and get your serial from your registered products, however, I did not register my lightroom unfortunately. I had to reinstall windows to fix some issues and now I can't find my serial. I have the physical disk and case for lightroom 5. Is there any way to recover my serial? Please help!?

• 1. Re: lost serial to lightroom 5
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1 - you did not register, and you did not mention the serial number sticker on your disc case

2 - when you reinstalled Windows, did you format your drive, or just do a repair install?

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

If the program linked in that message doesn't fine your serial number, you now have an unusable product

• 2. Re: lost serial to lightroom 5
            dj_paige Level 9

hello i have the inverse issue - my serial isnt working anymore. I purchased Lightroom in 2013, Mac v5 - i still have the serial, but it doesnt appear to be registered to my adobe ID

What does this mean? What are the exact word-for-word error messages you are getting? What version of Lightroom did you purchase? What version number of Lightroom do you have installed?

• 3. Re: lost serial to lightroom 5

I purchased LightRoom Desktop in 2013m and used it without issue since 2016. I moved in with my fiance in 2016 she had Lightroom CC and we shared the account - two computers registerd all above board.

Regrettably, we have split up, and obvious I have removed myself from her account, Today I have tried to reinstall my own purchased lightroom, but I put the serial number in - it says Serial Number is not valid.

I have ensure that I have downloaded the Mac V5 which is the one I purchased, but cant seem to get it working.

I spoke to Adobe support, who could not find my serial linked to an account - as mentioned, it wasnt previously a requirment, and now I appear to have a serial number I paid good money for, from adobe, that I cant use.

As i purchased it in 2013, I dont have the credit card statements or original emails, as I merely copied the serial into passwordOne for safe keeping

I dont really know what to do, and the Adobe customer service chap wasnt massively helpful, merely saying list it here

• 4. Re: lost serial to lightroom 5
                dj_paige Level 9

What are the exact word-for-word error messages you are getting?

What is the name of the downloaded file that you used to install LR 5?

Is your serial number 24 digits (no letters) beginning with 1160? DO NOT TYPE YOUR SERIAL NUMBER IN YOUR REPLY, JUST ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH A YES OR NO.

I purchased LightRoom Desktop in 2013m

I'm not sure what 2013m means, however Lightroom 5 was released in June of 2013, is it possible you purchased LR before then?

• 5. Re: lost serial to lightroom 5
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

James I moved your other reply to this thread to a new post.

Please post to that new thread.

Problems with using LR 5