9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2008 8:38 AM by BridalLive

AIR Application Installation Fails on Vista, but works on XP

BridalLive
      I've developed an application that's installed on 4 PCs in our retail store. 3 are windows XP and 1 is Vista. When the application starts, I check if an update is needed. If so, we download the new AIR file and run the updater via Updater.update(). I've successfully installed >10 new versions of the application this way and it's been working great. Until now. The Vista machine decides that it doesn't want to update. All of the other machines (XP) worked fine. My application has been updated for AIR 1.1 (-app.xml namespace update) and all of the XP machines had 1.1 prior to the install. The Vista machine didn't and I went out and updated to 1.1 to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't. I've captured the installation log (below) and wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. Thanks for your assistance. I'd like to be able to pinpoint the exact problem, because I plan to sell this application and would like to gain more experience with troubleshooting the installs/updates.

Thanks again.

Starting update of c:\program files\bridallive retailer edition\bridallive retailer edition.exe
      Updating from file:///C:/Users/Rachel/AppData/Roaming/com.bridallive.Retailer.6341C81035B69B0DC07A41D62 69B3F8B7C24EDE3.1/Local%20Store/Update_0.21.air
      Updating to version 0.21
      UI SWF load is complete
      UI initialized
      Unpackaging to C:\Users\Rachel\AppData\Local\Temp\fla8162.tmp
      unpackaging is complete
      application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
      application is bound to this version of the runtime
      app id com.bridallive.Retailer
      pub id 6341C81035B69B0DC07A41D6269B3F8B7C24EDE3.1
      Waiting for user confirmation
      User confirmed action: repair
      creating native installer in: C:\Users\Rachel\AppData\Local\Temp\fla85D6.tmp
      native installer creation failed: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #3003" errorID=3003]
      Re-launching application from c:\program files\bridallive retailer edition\bridallive retailer edition.exe
      starting cleanup of temporary files
      application installer exiting