3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 5:45 AM by Roei Tzoref

Light wrap not found

Steven J.

Working on a project on my desktop machine, I have light wrap on a bunch of composited shots of people speaking. I get home, plug into my laptop, and it tells me light wrap is missing. I look in my effects and light wrap is in the folder exactly where it was located on the desktop machine. Anyone know why this error would come up? I don't get it since it's clearly there in the same folder structure.

Thanks,

Steven

• 1. Re: Light wrap not found
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Version of AE down to the last decimal point please. Make sure it is up to date. OS please? Anything changed since the last time this was working? Have you reset preferences and rebooted? If you search Light Wrap or Wrap in the Effects and Presets panel does anything show up?

You did not give us much to go on. I have never seen a standard effect fail to load unless something new has happened to the computer like a new install of something, a crash, some new anti virus updates or something like that.

• 2. Re: Light wrap not found
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What Rick said. throwing around generic "this doesn't work." statements is of no use to anyone.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Light wrap not found
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
              it tells me light wrap is missing

there is no native light wrap effect. this is a 3rd party plugin probably by red giant. if you find it missing, you should re-install it.