• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having a Problem Converting Frames GIF (the options are grayed-out *non-clickable*)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe Photoshop CC (2017) I have my Timeline open, but when I go to options the first selections are grayed out so I am unable to click them: e.g. (Go To, Split At Playhead, Move & Trim, Convert Frames, Work Area, Delete Timeline, etc.).

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or what I need to select to make this work correctly. I usually make GIFs without any problem; However, I am on a new computer, so I am not sure if I need to select something or change a setting.

I am not finding an answer by searching either. Is there a glitch or is it me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not clear if you are referring to a Video timeline or a Frame Animation timeline.... Or what state it is in it sound like you are referring to a video timeline you are trying to convert to fame layers. For an animated gif would open with a frame animation timeline which would have frames and the document would have layers in the layers palette.  Video timelines and Frame  Animation timelines have different fly-out menu items...

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uncertain if this is helpful:

• I am referring to Frame Animation Timeline to make a GIF
  • I am using the latest version of Photoshop on the Adobe Creative Cloud (2017). The monthly program.
  • There is no text or error message. I am unable to click "Convert Frames". It is grayed out *non-clickable*.
  • I'll have to swap keyboards to do a screen shot.
  • Computer Hard drive = 1 TB
  • I did not do anything special or change any settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There should be a create frame animation button use that to create a frame animation timeline the in the timeline palette fly-out menu there should be a create frames from layers item.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines