It not clear if you are referring to a Video timeline or a Frame Animation timeline.... Or what state it is in it sound like you are referring to a video timeline you are trying to convert to fame layers. For an animated gif would open with a frame animation timeline which would have frames and the document would have layers in the layers palette. Video timelines and Frame Animation timelines have different fly-out menu items...
Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
- The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
- Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
I am uncertain if this is helpful:
- I am referring to Frame Animation Timeline to make a GIF
- I am using the latest version of Photoshop on the Adobe Creative Cloud (2017). The monthly program.
- There is no text or error message. I am unable to click "Convert Frames". It is grayed out *non-clickable*.
- I'll have to swap keyboards to do a screen shot.
- Computer Hard drive = 1 TB
- I did not do anything special or change any settings.
There should be a create frame animation button use that to create a frame animation timeline the in the timeline palette fly-out menu there should be a create frames from layers item.