3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2017 9:46 PM by JJMack

Having a Problem Converting Frames GIF (the options are grayed-out *non-clickable*)

SeiDeArt Level 1

On Adobe Photoshop CC (2017) I have my Timeline open, but when I go to options the first selections are grayed out so I am unable to click them: e.g. (Go To, Split At Playhead, Move & Trim, Convert Frames, Work Area, Delete Timeline, etc.).

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or what I need to select to make this work correctly. I usually make GIFs without any problem; However, I am on a new computer, so I am not sure if I need to select something or change a setting.

I am not finding an answer by searching either. Is there a glitch or is it me?

• 1. Re: Having a Problem Converting Frames GIF (the options are grayed-out *non-clickable*)
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It not clear if you are referring to a Video timeline or a Frame Animation timeline.... Or what state it is in it sound like you are referring to a video timeline you are trying to convert to fame layers. For an animated gif would open with a frame animation timeline which would have frames and the document would have layers in the layers palette.  Video timelines and Frame  Animation timelines have different fly-out menu items...

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
          • Adobe product and version number
          • Operating system and version number
          • The full text of any error message(s)
          • What you were doing when the problem occurred
          • Screenshots of the problem
          • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
          • 2. Re: Having a Problem Converting Frames GIF (the options are grayed-out *non-clickable*)
            SeiDeArt Level 1

I am uncertain if this is helpful:

• I am referring to Frame Animation Timeline to make a GIF
            • I am using the latest version of Photoshop on the Adobe Creative Cloud (2017). The monthly program.
            • There is no text or error message. I am unable to click "Convert Frames". It is grayed out *non-clickable*.
            • I'll have to swap keyboards to do a screen shot.
            • Computer Hard drive = 1 TB
            • I did not do anything special or change any settings.
            • 3. Re: Having a Problem Converting Frames GIF (the options are grayed-out *non-clickable*)
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

There should be a create frame animation button use that to create a frame animation timeline the in the timeline palette fly-out menu there should be a create frames from layers item.