1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2008 10:42 AM by Selling Source

INTERNAL ERROR & NOT ENOUGH MEMORY error

no nicknames left
      Somehow 4 gig of memory is not enough!!

I am on Win Vista ultimate. intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 4 BG of Ram.
      And I'm working on a local hard drive with fat all else running

I constantly get "Internal Error occurred...could not complete request"
      particularly alarming if that request was to save!!!!. I have been using the 'fireworks autobackup" air app...save me heaps of time...But its taking longer and longer to save the file as I work on it.
      If i save every 10 minutes !!!! its taking 1:20 to save..this is 12% of my time...FW STILL sucks memory somehow.. any one with solution to this!!!???

Ive also had the "not enough memory" error a few times..In which every thing done on the file is lost since last it was opened...whether I saved it a million times or not. I've started making copy backups and restarting FW every few hours to purge the memory..but this sucks. This memory leak seemed to be mostly gone in CS3 according to others so assumed CS4 had it sorted
        • 1. Re: INTERNAL ERROR & NOT ENOUGH MEMORY error
          Selling Source
          One of our users is running across a similar issue using the pen tool. A file that's 3000x2000 having sections cut out using the pen tool will spike FW up to 2gig of used ram. Eventually the Internal Error messages will start but, you can still trace your path. The issue is it pops up every time you click a new point. The only current work around I have for the user is to shrink the file or decrease the dpi. Has anyone else run across this?

Specs
          XP SP3
          Core2 3.0ghz
          4 gig ram.