8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 5:06 PM by Hon_Kong

Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player

SonicBoomBaby
      I've downloaded Adobe Flash Player around 3 times now, because Youtube says I need it to watch videos on it. The problem is, once I've downloaded it, it still says I haven't got it.

Could anyone help me? I'm not very good with computers.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
          Level 7
          SonicBoomBaby wrote:
          > I've downloaded Adobe Flash Player around 3 times now, because Youtube says I
          > need it to watch videos on it. The problem is, once I've downloaded it, it
          > still says I haven't got it.
          >
          > Could anyone help me? I'm not very good with computers.
          >
          > Thanks.

Try starting with the tech notes:
          http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
            minnie_and_snowy
            I've gone through all the tech notes and still doesn't work. I have Vista - could that be the problem?
            • 3. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
              rexham
              I have same problem in XP at SP3
              was working ok until a few days ago
              Is it a bug?
              • 4. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
                Hon_Kong
                I've had the same problem. I myself am trying to fix a computer for my step brother and step sister as I am staying at my dads house currently and have some mediocor computer skills. Anyway so far what had happened was the same for the origional complaintant. We tried to access youtube inorder to view some video's, of course, and we were prompted with the message that we need the lastest version of Flash Player or our Java Script is turned off. It also provided us with a link to the page to download Flashes latest version. Anyway trying to take a simple approach to the problem I proceeded to download from the flash download page. Upon installation complete we restarted the web browser and tried once agian to access youtube. Prompted with the same message I once again attempted a download. However this time I rebooted the computer as it said I might have to do. I was confronted with the same problem over and over again. I proceeded with the same course of action with each confrontation.

From here I thought mabe it is the Java Script. I went into the Tools menu Internet Options/Security/Custom Level... and from there proceeded to the Active X portion of the list. I made sure all the Java Script was enabled, OKed it and then rebooted the computer. It again did not work as we recieved the same problem. From there I decided to see if we needed to install from a secondary installer that Adobe had put into the system program folders. As I went searching in the Local Disk C: drive/Program Files I proceeded to look for the Adobe folder. I could not find such folder in the program files. This puzzled me as it should have dowloaded into it. It is a program anyway. So I again attempted another download of flash to see if it worked. As you guessed by now it did not.... So in a final attempt to locate any adobe program files on the computer I decided to run a system search. In the search I looked for Flash Player. In the key terms and phrases box I included Adobe in it. I got a file search complete prompt with no files located.

So from what I can tell the file is not downloading at all on the computer and I am stumped as to why it will not download. The download page promts me with a download complete message however as far as I can tell there is no Adobe File Folder located on this computer. No Flash Player Folder no nothing. I would really appreciate help as it is stopping us from accessing many sites some of which we need to access. We would really appreciate it if someone would help us with this. Thankyou for your time. Hope the information I gave you on the problem although extensive helps with solving it. Have a nice day.
                • 5. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
                  Level 7
                  minnie and snowy wrote:
                  > I've gone through all the tech notes and still doesn't work. I have Vista - could that be the problem?

It shouldn't be Vista, I have few computers running Vista and Flash player w/o any problem.
                  Player troubleshooting is very hard because it's very user dependent. Variety of applications,
                  from your phone control app to external devices (printer drivers etc.), anti virus programs
                  and whatnot... All in one way or another might collide with things while installing. Each of
                  these will have own drivers and version, subversion, upgrades.... Then there are browser, variety
                  of version, javascripts, plugins, and more plugins, from RealTime to Quicktime... all can possibly
                  conflict with each other.
                  Beyond the available tech notes, it's just way too hard to help when comes to these issues. On top
                  of it, player problems are not that common, small group of users out of thousands of posts and forum
                  participants so to find the common factor and pattern, it's just way too hard. Suggest stripping down
                  your OS from applications. Reinstall from scratch, starting with browsers, plugins and players.
                  Only then you can see when things go wrong and which is the culprit behind the problem.

--
                  Best Regards

Urami

--
                  "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                  If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                  </urami>
                  • 6. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
                    Clamfrost
                    I have this same problem at work, starting a few days ago. I run the install for version 9.whatever, and it says it completes, but in reality apparently it did not, because the application in weather.com says I need to install still. I've gone in that circle a few times, and it makes no sense. Just wanted to let you know, as I am starting to wonder if this is really a recent more universal problem. Thanks.
                    • 7. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
                      fishrmn100
                      I'm new here, but I've had the same problem and it also started a few days ago. I've done everything you guys did and had the same results. I've been pulling my hair out. I stumbled on this, this morning and had success at last. I use Vista. I clicked on START, clicked on COMPUTER, double clicked on LOCAL DISK (C:). On the right side of the screen, I double clicked USERS and then double clicked USERS on the left side of the screen. I double clicked my name, underneath folders and then double clicked the downloads folder on the right side of the screen. I found that I had downloaded flash 12 times and the uninstaller 5 times. I then uninstalled and then did an install. It seems to have worked for me.
                      • 8. Re: Problem Downloading Adobe Flash Player
                        Hon_Kong Level 1
                        That would help if I ran vista however we run windows XP (sorry I forgot to mention that earlier). I've accessed the downloaded programs file after a small amount of time of searching around and its no where in site!.... Its not downloading from the internet...I don't know why....