• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does it take longer for LR to render a sharp photo than a non-sharp one ?

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking at a series of photos in 1:1 resolution in Library mode (or Develop mode), I go from photo to photo by pressing the right arrow.

It takes about 1-2 seconds to go from photo to photo and shows "Loading" meanwhile.

However I noticed that when the next photo is not super-sharp it shows it immediately without spending these 1-2 seconds loading it.

Why is that ? Does LR decide that it's not going to bother doing its usual proper job of developing the photo if it sees it is not super-sharp ?

Thanks for any insights as of what LR does differently for a sharper photo. (I am using the current LR CC version for Windows)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharper images usually result in larger files on disk. Depending on the image, this can cause longer load times.

Beyond gross generalized statements, we would probably need access to your particular files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For this particular series, I have a couple hundred raw files, and the smallest is 31.3 Mb while the largest is 33.2 Mb, so the maximun size difference is less than 10%.

To me file size only doesn't explain why the loading time varies between 1/10th of a second and 2 seconds. I have a feeling something else is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines