1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 5:09 PM by ryanskihead

Error fetching old version of plugin

zachw84139968 Level 1

Phonegap build just recently started failing to fetch this plugin and produces the following error:

Installing "cordova-plugin-fastrde-downloader" at "0.2.1" for ios

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-file@1.0.1" via npm

Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-fastrde-downloader': Error: Expected plugin to have ID "cordova-plugin-file" but got "org.apache.cordova.file".

at checkID (/Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb- cordova-lib/src/plugman/fetch.js:247:15)

at /Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/pgb-c ordova-lib/src/plugman/fetch.js:231:9

at _fulfilled (/Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q. js:787:54)

at self.promiseDispatch.done (/Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q. js:816:30)

at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q. js:749:13)

at /Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q.j s:557:44

at flush (/Users/phonegap/.nvm/versions/node/v8.1.4/lib/node_modules/pgb-plugman/node_modules/q/q. js:108:17)

at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:95:7)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:161:9)

Expected plugin to have ID "cordova-plugin-file" but got "org.apache.cordova.file".

I tried updating the phonegap cli by adding the following to my config.xml, but it still doesnt work:

<preference name="phonegap-version" value="cli-7.0.1" />

Anyone know what's wrong?

• 1. Re: Error fetching old version of plugin
          ryanskihead Adobe Employee

Not sure what changed to trigger this but cordova-plugin-fastrde-downloader has cordova-plugin-file as a dependency at 1.0.1. But back then it's id was org.apache.cordova.file. I guess that's causing a conflict of some kind.

I'd suggest updating cordova-plugin-fastrde-downloader to use a newer version of the file plugin (1.0.1 is over 3 years old).