• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistencies after sync between Lr Mobile and Desktop

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I've noticed inconsistencies between what is shown in Lr Mobile, and what is shown in Lr Desktop, even after both applications indicate syncing is complete. These inconsistencies occur most often (in my case) with flagging.

For example, I regularly use Lr Mobile to review and flag photos that I've added to my catalog before I begin editing. However, I've had two instances in the past month where I've reviewed and flagged a large set of photos (1000+) only to show different counts (of total flagged) between Lr Mobile and Lr Desktop after syncing is complete.

To clarify, in this particular instance, if I open the corresponding Collection in Lr Mobile and apply a filter for "Flagged" photos only, I get a count of 970 photos. If I open the same Collection on Lr Desktop, it only counts 950 photos. Why did these other 20 not sync? How do I make them sync? How do I ensure this doesn't happen again?

I've attempted to delete, and rebuild the cache for my Lr Desktop catalog. This has not produced any result.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you have videos within the collection? Just asking since Lr Desktop only counts the photos. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same exact issue consistently with my photos that I try culling on LR Mobile then syncing to LR Desktop (Windows 10). If I flag say 200 photos from a 1000 photo shoot, I might get only 120 photos flagged on my desktop. It's making it very hard to use.

I've tried deleting LR Sync file and even tried deleting the entire mobile catalog to start over again, but still same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a metadata hiccup. Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

In case you still run in to the issue just send me a diagnostic-log, best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Hope this helps. Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guido

I have already removed the sync lrdata file and the sync works now, at least I have synced all my pictures. LR desktop still comes up with a lot of messengers about not able to sync, but I can’t locate the problem.

Thanks for the reply

Anne

Den 12. okt. 2017 kl. 15.12 skrev greule <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Inconsistencies after sync between Lr Mobile and Desktop

created by greule in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Sounds like a metadata hiccup. Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.

You can find the sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

In case you still run in to the issue just send me a diagnostic-log, best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Hope this helps. Guido

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9882725#9882725 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9882725#9882725

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines