• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files cannot be opened by lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error message when trying to import raw photos into Lightroom CC:

"these files cannot be opened by lightroom"

I have a Canon camera that is about 7 years old, so maybe that is the issue?

I am able to select and import the photos, but when the import shows complete I get the above error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera and what version of Lightroom are you using.

The link below shows which camera models and their raw files, that work with which versions of Lightroom.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

courtneya47934666  wrote

I am getting the following error message when trying to import raw photos into Lightroom CC:

"these files cannot be opened by lightroom"

Is that the exact unedited word-for-word error message? If not, please provide the exact error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different memory card, a different card reader (that is if you are using one and if not try one instead of connecting the camera to the computer), a different USB cable (whether or not you are using a card reader or connecting the camera to the computer).

Sounds like the files are getting corrupted during the transfer from card to computer hard drive. Or the actual RAW data is corrupted on the card and LR is initially showing you the embedded JPG at the time of import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which camera are you using?

Please provide an example file to verify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines