• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly won't record

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 2 which has been functioning appropriately for a year now, then today it will not record more than one screen shot at a time. It won't record mouse movements or any new actions. I'm trying to screen capture some Access screens. I have unistalled and re-installed three times now. After the second uninstall I painstakingly cleaned the registry for lurking settings but nothing has worked. I'm tearing my hair out so any help would be most gratefuly received
AE
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AE

Take a look at the thread found at this link. Try what was offered there with deleting the .DAT file and see if that fixes things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick
Thank you so much. I now have a working application! For information under Vista the captivate 2 .dat file is found in
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

I have Vista running in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode and mostly it works. The problems I have with disappearing menus etc seem no different from those experienced by XP users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2008 Jun 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry about last post - brain fuse
Obviously it's Captivate running within Vista in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources