Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure Bug Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I have a problem with the pen pressure in Photoshop CC 2017, but the problem was the same on CC 2016 as well.

The problem is that when I use the brush, the pen pressure gradually increases with each separate stroke, it continues to increase until it reaches 100% pressure, the brush then stays at 100% pressure no matter how lightly I draw. It stays at 100% until I re-pick the brush again from the brush menu, once reselected it goes back to normal (how it should work) but gradually increases again. This makes photoshop totally unusable for me at the moment, the pen sensitivity however is perfectly fine in other programs such as Zbrush and Clip Studio Paint.

I have a HP Spectre x360 convertible 15-bl0XX early 2017 model which has an N-trig stylus

I have no Wacom or Wintab drivers installed

I have reinstalled Photoshop multiple times and refreshed to default preferences

I have flicks turned off

I have hold to right click turned off

and I am using standard photoshop brushes at the default settings

Here is what happens:

Screenshot (307).png

Screenshot (308).png

Screenshot (309).png

Screenshot (310).png

Screenshot (312).png

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Are you sure it is a pen pressure problem?

It looks like you are using a brush simulating an erodible point. These are designed to simulate the wearing and broadening of a point as you draw with it so that the brush gets wider the more you use it.

Starting narrow and getting wider as it "wears"

You then re-sharpen it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is a pen pressure problem?

It looks like you are using a brush simulating an erodible point. These are designed to simulate the wearing and broadening of a point as you draw with it so that the brush gets wider the more you use it.

Starting narrow and getting wider as it "wears"

You then re-sharpen it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha stupid me, didn't know there was such a thing!

Thanks so much, you're a legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines