• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording keyboard triggers - Bug or Limitation?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

here is my problem:

Latched triggers are easy to implement and to fine tune:

just hit the button, press record, stop recording, fine tune, finished

Simple keyboard triggers (that might include a cycle with a pause layer) are a pain:

If I scrub through the timeline to find the exact point (so I can align another recording with it), every time I pass the point the key is registered and the action carried out.

So let us say, I use "Z" to start a cycle of 10 layers. That cycle is made to pause at layer 5 until "Z" is hit again. So my recording contains to calls for "Z" at a particular instance

I can record this fine. Now let us say I want to align something that happens right after the first "Z" when the cycle pauses - something I trigger with a latched key "Y". Because during the actual recording my timing will be off, I will want to fine tune it after the recording.

So I want to go to the first instance of "Z". But this is difficult to see, since we get a green bar not a bar with a keyframes indicating where exactly in the timeline I hit "Z"

Now when I scrub back and forth through the timeline I will trigger "Z" everytime I get to the point, meaning I cause the action (finishing the cycle) which would normally happen at the second instance of "Z". So I have to reset the scene, go to the beginning of the recording and go at it again.

I understand that CH does not record keyframes but performances, but if we had an actual visual aid of where exactly in the time line a key is hit, it would be way easier to align the recordings as desired.

Is there a way around this or should I file this under feature request?

Is it a bug?

Or is it a limitation due to the concept of performance in CH not resolvable?

Cheers,

Johannes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Yes, this is a current limitation. Currently key triggers only show a bar in the timeline when they're active, without having any notion of visible / not visible. We're currently working on some solutions that should make this better, although the pause layers scenario adds another layer of complexity to it (not as simple as a simple show/hide). But basically, we've heard that triggers need to be more of a first class citizen, and you'll see some major improvements (we hope) to them soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a current limitation. Currently key triggers only show a bar in the timeline when they're active, without having any notion of visible / not visible. We're currently working on some solutions that should make this better, although the pause layers scenario adds another layer of complexity to it (not as simple as a simple show/hide). But basically, we've heard that triggers need to be more of a first class citizen, and you'll see some major improvements (we hope) to them soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave & Team. Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to the future versions (and trying my best as is)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines