Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TWAIN Plugin For Scanner-Photoshop In Production Premium CS4

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have upgraded to CS4, a little while ago, after having used an earlier version just fine, for so long, but finally caving to upgrade my OS to be compatible with my current phone.  In doing so, I had to upgrade other software I regularly used, due to Power PC apps no longer being supported.  I used to always scan things straight into Photoshop, but it seems to no longer recognize my scanner.  I looked into this and got VueScan to get around it, but the images I get from that are more dull and faded than the old PS results.  I was hoping to see if I could find a way to use the scanner with Photoshop CS4, still, and it seemed like the TWAIN plugin might have allowed it.

When I searched for it, I found advice on Adobe's site about going to the installation disc and a subfolder within something called Goodies, to get the plugin, which doesn't initially install on its own.  I got PS from the Production Premium bundle, which has 3 separate discs, and I tried searching all 3 for the folder or file, but to no avail.  Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.  Also, the scanner is a CanoScan Lide 30, for what that is worth.  Thanks, in advance!

-Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

The optional Twain plugin is included in this Optional Plugins download for photoshop cs4.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop CS4 Optional plug-ins and ReadMeEnglish, Spanish and French

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some information on this: TWAIN plug-in scanner | Photoshop CS4 and later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is the exact page I was referring to.  This was the part I mentioned: "From your installation disc, copy the TWAIN plug-in from the /<language>/Goodies/Optional plug-ins/Import-Export folder to the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Import-Export folder on your hard drive.".  I am using the Production Premium bundle, and not just PS CS4, solo.  I tried to find such a directory on any of the 3 discs, but with no luck.  That's where I was hoping to find some guidance.

-Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's do this: download Photoshop CS4 from here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

Open the dmg and see if there is a Goodies folder when you mount the disk image on your mac. You don't need to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The optional Twain plugin is included in this Optional Plugins download for photoshop cs4.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop CS4 Optional plug-ins and ReadMeEnglish, Spanish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines