Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Mobile app subscription for ACS does not work

Level 1

Hi, I am trying to set up MobileApp channel in ACS for sending push notifications, but unfortunately it does not work for me. What I have currently:

* I have written a basic Android application which shows the notifications and set it up in Google Cloud Messaging. I have tried it with Firebase and it works fine.

* I have set up my application on mobilemarketing.abode.com according to the documentation, also I put some code to my mobile app to send analytics data and it works fine, so I can see my activity on mobilemarketing.adobe.com.

* I have set up the MobileApp channel in ACS and set up the "marketingCloud/org" node in the ADBMobileConfig.json according to the documentation, but it does not work, so I cannot see my registration token in ACS under the mobile application / subscribers list.

I have debugged my Android application and for me it looks like that there is a _marketingCloudServer instance in the VisitorIDService class which is currently null, since I don't have "marketingCloud/server" node in ADBMobileConfig.json. If I put my values there then the _marketingCloudServer won't be null (of course), but I still cannot subscribe my application.

What I miss? Could somebody give me some advices?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thank you for your question. Meanwhile I found a UI bug on mobilemarketing.adobe.com, so we applied a workaround with the help of Sandbox team. So now it works, thanks.

Have a nice day,

Laci

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Is the documentation you followed this one: Push configuration ? Can you make sure you followed all mentioned steps and in the described order (especially steps 2 & 3 in the first procedure)?

Let me know,

Florent

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I can confirm I followed exactly that documentation what you mentioned and I am sure I followed all of the steps. As I mentioned I can see my application launches on mobilemarketing.adobe.com, so the configuration should be roughly okay.

There is only one thing in the documentation what I cannot understand, namely step 5: "Make sure that the setup has been completed successfully by launching your mobile application on your device and signing in. Make sure you opt in to receive notifications." Honestly, I am not an Android developer, so could you give some advice what API methods should I call to sign-in and subscribe to my ACS MobileApp channel?

Thank you in advance,

Laci

Level 10

Hi Laci,

I'm not a mobile expert either but from what I understand, for Campaign to be able to retrieve subscribers' data, they need to be logged in and have notifications enabled for that application (like on every application where we have to accept receiving notifications). Not sure how to do that from within the code though.

Florent

Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thank you for your answer. Nevertheless, it still does not work for me in ACS environment, but it works with Firebase as well as I can send push notifications from pushtry.com. I am in contact with SPP Help, I hope they can help me.

Thanks again,

Laci

Level 10

Hi Laci,

Sorry for the late reply. Were you able to find a solution?

Let me know,

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Florent,

Thank you for your question. Meanwhile I found a UI bug on mobilemarketing.adobe.com, so we applied a workaround with the help of Sandbox team. So now it works, thanks.

Have a nice day,

Laci

Level 10

Thanks Laci for letting us know! I'm glad you could resolve your issue.

Florent

Level 1

Hi,

We have a similar problem. MCIDs are coming to ACS using the postbacks but the registration token is not coming. What was the solution / bug?

Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to share what was the bug you encountered and the workaround you found? I also don't get registration tokens.

Thanks,

Andro