Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop aspect ratio is off (warped)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I was receiving an prompt whenever opening the program, apparently my aspect ratio correction was turned on, I since turned it off. Now when using the program the dimensions of fonts, shapes, images, etc.. appears to be off. For instance holding the shift key while using the lasso tool draws something closer to a oval rather than a perfect circle. As I've mentioned it appears to be affecting anything I try to manipulate using photoshop. I'm curious as to whether there's anyway to restore to the original settings of the program upon downloading or perhaps some one has a resolution to this very peculiar issue. Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.18.58 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Just to be absolutely clear:

When you now create a brand new document with pixel aspect ratio correction off and with square pixels in the create document dialogue are you still seeing the aspect ratio incorrectly?

If so I would reset preferences. Go to Preferences >General>Reset Preferences on Quit and then click OK. You will then need to close and restart Photoshop.

If you are only seeing this on existing documents then turn off the aspect ratio correction and use image size (with resample) to co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-08-15 copy.jpg2017-08-15-2 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be absolutely clear:

When you now create a brand new document with pixel aspect ratio correction off and with square pixels in the create document dialogue are you still seeing the aspect ratio incorrectly?

If so I would reset preferences. Go to Preferences >General>Reset Preferences on Quit and then click OK. You will then need to close and restart Photoshop.

If you are only seeing this on existing documents then turn off the aspect ratio correction and use image size (with resample) to correct the ratio and resave the document.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave!

Problem solved. Thank you so very much, such a relief. For whatever reason the pixel aspect ratio was set to wide screen as opposed to square as I'm accustomed to.

Best Regards,

Devin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Z,

I can't thank you enough, I'm such a visual person, I learn with my eyes.. I truly appreciate your assistance with this issue! The pictures were really useful.. you're a life saver

All the Best!

Devin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines